Monday, August 8, 2011

God's Wisdom and Love

With all the things that happned with Kauri I have learned a lot! It became so real and true to me when the Doctrine and Covenants says, "... ye may be prepared for the things to come." (D&C 45:61)

Heavenly Father in His infinite wisdom loves me enough that he prepared me.  I don't think it was a coincidence that I had been studying things in the scriptures about trials, the Atonement, and life.  It wasn't just by chance that I have had my scedule open up entirely for my family.  My spiritual cup was full of things that I need during this time as well as what my family needs.  Hevenly Father prepared me spiritually.

It wasn't just luck that I had been pondering what really mattered in life, and what things I shouldn't let get to me.  I was taking time out of my day to think.  I was even discussing my thoughts with Mikelle Friday night after my work party. The small things in my life at that point that weren't working out in my life were in the back of my mind of problems.  I had my priorities straight and I wasn't letting myself get down about an issue that normally does.  Heavenly Father prepared me mentally.

While being home I have made it a point to walk fast where I go so it can be a form of execise, I was going to classes at the Sports Plex and loving everyone of them! I was making sure I was eating as healthy as I could.  With my new job I drank three or four water bottles a day.  I was prepared physically for some hardships. 

However, I don't believe that I could have ever been prepared emotionally for such an event, but I was emotionally stable.  I was doing good at controlling my emotions and how I really do feel.  Heavenly Father was really helping me out.

When the events of last Saturday hit, I was "prepared for things to come". Another thing that I was prepared with was my spiritual gift of obedience. I am lucky that I have always had a desire to obey.  Another scipture in the Docterine and Covenants says, "...that you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be prepared to bear testimony of the things which are to come." (D&C 58:6)

Saturyday July 30, 2011, I was obedient to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It first started when I took a babysittting job at a house I had never babysat before.  When I was babysitting I happened to look out the window and see my sister, Kauri get into the green Explorer with her friend, Gabe.

Then I was avoiding the plans that I had made with Mikelle the night before to go to a movie.  I didn't feel right about going, so I stopped texting her back.  Next is when my sweet neighbor told me about Gabe, and His passing I immediatly thought "where's Kauri?" The thought and feelings that accompanied were thoughts of how I needed to find her and get to her. I started walking down the street feet numb asking neighbors if they have seen Kauri.  Either I wasn't answered or I was told to settle down.  Now I'm not one that likes contention, but I told them I could not settle down untill I found Kauri.  One man on the street finally took my concern to heart and drove me to the sence of the accident.  It turned out Kauri was indeed in the acciednt.  She was being life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. The helicopter I watched fly off on my way over.  Kauri didn't have any identification on her and they didn't know who she was and who they could contact to let her family know about what had happend.  So I filled out the paperworks and my mom was notified.

Last amazing prompting of that night was my impression to call my brother, Quinn.  Quinn has a hard time answering his phone.  I called him from my neighbor's phone.  Quinn has an even harder time picking up a number he didn't recognize, yet he did.  I told him Kauri was in an accident and had been life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital.  His response of "Good" alarmed me.  Then he continued with, "I'm just a block away." Quinn was on a double date with his wife and his mission companion and his wife.  They were able to rush to the hopsital and give Kauri a presthood blessing.  Kauri didn't have to be alone that long is a scary place after such a frightning event.  She was found and identified with enough time so she could have the love of her family near.

I'm so greatful I was making the right kind of choices in my life where the Holy Ghost could work through me to help Kauri.  I'm so glad that I obeyed.  I am now commiting myself to live my life rightoutsly so I can have the blessing of the Holy Ghost with me alwasy. I am so greatful that Heavenly Father knows me and Kauri so well that he could get Kauri the things that she needed most.  Hevanly father is so wise that he as our whole life planned.  His love us so much that He has a plan for each and every one of us.  All we got to do is trust Him enough to follow that plan.