Last week I went on a trek with my family, as well as a few other families in the neighborhood. This was my third trek, and it was so extremely different than the other ones I have been on. It was really neat to go through this experience with my actual family and feel the bonds between us become stronger.
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how courageous the pioneers are. They gave all they had to Heavenly Father so they could be with a Prophet of God. It made me stop and think about what I am doing, giving up to show my devotion to my loving Heavenly Father? It also got me thinking am I following the Prophet with as much dedication as those early saints in the church? If these people could endure this much, can't I get through my minor obstacles?
This experience was really good for me to evaluate my life and Aline it closer to the Savior. It helped me rededicate and focus on what really is important to me. Stand up, Speak up, and Show up for Christ. On this trek I could see and feel how the pioneers got closer to God and found a friend in Christ. I'm thankful for the pioneers and their enormous example they are to me. These people are my new understanding of the word, endure.
There's power and strength in each story
A young girl with a burning desire
She walked day by day, step by step
Her testimony a stone moved her and pushes me
Sweat, wet, cold, hungry
She did what was right till the end
Endure
It means waiting and praying patiently
We want what we want and we want it now
Put desires on hold to mold you , move you
Understanding come from this leap of faith
With Him anything is possible
Endure.
No comments:
Post a Comment