Sunday, June 26, 2011

Elder Holland said:


"I speak to those who are facing personal trials and family struggles, those who endure conflicts fought in the lonely foxholes of the heart, those trying to hold back flood waters of despair that sometimes wash over us like a tsunami of the soul. I wish to speak particularly to you who feel your lives are broken, seemingly beyond repair.
"To such I offer the surest and sweetest remedy that I know. It is found in the clarion call the Savior of the world Himself gave...

"'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'"

"'Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.'"

"I testify that the Savior's Atonement lifts from us not only the burden of our sins but also the burden of our disappointments and sorrows, our heartaches and our despair...When [Christ] says to the poor in spirit, 'Come unto me,' He means He knows the way out and HE knows the way up. He knows it because He has walked it. He knows the way because He is the way...

"If you are broken, please know you can be healed."

I know this to be true. It is something that works in my life time and time again. The Atonement is so real and it helps me in a different way each time I use it. Christ can heal anything that you are going through. He is my Savior because he has saved me. I am thankful for Christ as well as for a Heavenly Father who loves me so much that He allowed Christ to Atone for me so I can feel this divine power help me when I need it most.

No comments: