http://www.hgtv.com/dream-home/hgtv-dream-home-2008-beautiful-room-pictures/pictures/index.html
This house caught my eye the other day, and I have been thinking about it ever since. Not only do I love the shape, texture and architecture. I LOVE the colors. The white gives it a crisp, clean feel to the house. The blue adds some spunk. The yellow shutters in addition to the yellow wall complements the blue hue. The blue gives a refreshing traditional and stable feeling to the house whilst the yellow gives it some cheer and pleasant feeling associated with the house as a whole.
The architecture has a Neoclassicism feel to it. The practical meets simplified design. It also has a nice symmetrical making me think of Palladio and his architecture that is clean cut and balanced in every way. I wouldn't be surprised if this house was influenced by him in some way or form.
I never realized how much I enjoy the balanced look to a house. I am however and will always be inspired by colors of things and how the colors can make you feel.

No comments:
Post a Comment